Riding Backwards in Time


Ultimately, this blog will likely serve only to illuminate a few things:

- An irrational obsession with Critical Mass
- A need for attention
- A deep love of riding bicycles
- A love/hate relationship with the police
- A fascination with the behavior of swarms of bicycles

Hopefully writing a personal history of my own experiences with CM will lead to deeper reflection, understanding, wisdom of myself and this organism called "society." I will start by mentioning some highlights from masses past.

My very first Critical Mass was a huge one, San Francisco's Halloween Mass in 2001 or 2002. I can't remember. What I do recall is that someone actually had created a route map to get the ride the "fuck out of downtown". We went down to Bayview/Hunter's Point as the warm Indian summer sun set. It was a great ride, somebody was giving away little magnetic LEDs and selling bike bells for a $1. I bought one, and it served me for a very long time. See the exploded diagram. This bell was stolen along with my bike in stupid Bushwick last November. It totally prevented me from participating in NYC "critical mass" that night. Ugh.

Thanks for reading! Ride Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#FTP #CriticalMass #BikeNYC #OWS 7pm tonight

prayers up