Post #M17 arrest inital reflections

Spring is here!

Of course I can not yet divorce my perspective from my privilege as a white, educated, cis-male from this experience, but I hope these sincere words fall upon open ears & hearts. My apologies if anyone is offended. There are many complex nuances to be processed.

WATCH! Livestream of events leading up to what might be considered a police riot
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21181713

Myself and 17 others were inexplicably released with our charges dropped at 3 am on Monday. Dozens of others remain in custody and are only just now seeing a judge, including people seriously injured who were denied medical attention and placed in solitary and/or highly abusive conditions for much of our 27+ hours of detainment in the "justice" system. Please do what you can to offer support in jails, courts, and show solidarity in the streets and your communities.

LOVE TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Down with Bloomberg & Kelly!
Demolish the prisons!
All out May Day! No Work, all play!



Everyday since has been utter magic, spiraling outward, into the streets, spiraling inward, into our hearts.

All I can really say at this moment is I am humbled by the place and moment in time I exist. And I am not likely going to give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#FTP #CriticalMass #BikeNYC #OWS 7pm tonight

prayers up